Hi! It’s been a while since I’ve shared a recipe so I’m SO excited to share today. I always get so giddy when I’ve got a real good one. Lately I’ve been trying to experiment with my food and when I do that…
Well, let’s just say I should stick with what I know.
Which is almond butter and just almond butter. BUT in this case, we’re doing lemons.
I hope this post finds you ready to bake cause girlfriend, I have the yummiest Lemon Poppyseed Muffins, (paleo of course). Topped with creamy and smooth icing. Can I get an amen? PLZ.
I also created a little video so I really hope you enjoy and subscribe to my YouTube!
I know the holidays are all about treats and enjoying yourself, but just remember to keep that balance. It’s easy to say you’ll wait until the New Year to eat well and workout but that’s not what a balanced lifestyle is. Your body still needs to be nourished and taken care of every day of the year. That’s why I’m bringing a paleo treat to satify without guilt. I hope you love them as much as I do.
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @kateklepp, and leave a comment to let me know how you like them.
Paleo Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
makes about 10 muffins
- 1 + 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. poppyseeds
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- zest from 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup coconut butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- hot water to thin or microwave
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F
- Line muffin pan and set aside
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt, poppyseeds in a large bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, honey or maple syrup, lemon juice, and zest.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and combine. Distribute into muffin pan.
- Bake 16-18 minutes.
While muffins are baking make icing:
- Melt coocnut butter, and coconut oil
- Add maple syrup, lemon juice
- Stir and drizzle overtop muffins
TIPS: Store in the fridge to last longer, about 5-6 days. Can be left on the counter for a few days.
all my love,